Monday, November 15, 2010

Fair Time!

The fam at the fair!!!

Yes, I realize I am a month behind on sharing our fair experience with you, but like I always say... better late than never!:) We made our annual trip to the Cumming Country Fair and Festival back in the beginning of October, and it was so much fun! I remember always loving the fair when I was little, and just know Hayden and Sawyer are going to love getting to go to it each year as well. Both boys had a great time this year. Sawyer got to take a ride on his very first fair ride ever(and only at a tiny 5 weeks old I must add!), and Hayden got to ride his very first alone fair ride this year! Yes people, you read that ride... Hayden did something alone!:) He even liked it for the first few times around! It was when he told the attendant that he was all through and the attendant didn't stop the ride and let him off when he lost it. He did make it to the end of the ride, but he was not happy and he did NOT want to do it again!!! Not only did he not want to do that ride again, he didn't even want to try any other alone ride the rest of the night. Maybe next year the attendant will listen to him when he tells him he is all through and stop the ride and let him off! Ha, ha! Sawyer absolutely loved his first fair ride... the carousel of course! He almost fell asleep in my arms during the ride. I can't wait until next year to really see his expressions change as he is getting to experience the rides! Speaking of "firsts"... Hayden also got a chance to play his very first fair game this trip. I've never been a big fan of the games they have set up at the fair, or anywhere for that fact. Partially because I hate spending even MORE money than the admission, rides and food(all musts!), and partially because I hate the stuff you end up bringing home when you win. Fan or not, we gave in and let him play one this year. And guess what we ended up bringing home... yep, a FISH. Help! I really thought I would die. A fish?!? I don't even think it should be allowed for you to win something live that you are going to have to care for when you get home. It is so not fair! Funny thing is... it was Hayden's favorite part of the fair. It was that little game where you throw the ball and if it ends up in one of the fishbowls you win the fish. Well, Hayden loves to throw balls so it was the obvious choice for his first fair game, I just never thought we would end up with a live fish when it was all over! So, we now have a new member of the Ronn family. Blog readers, meet Bubbles...


I never thought he would make it past the first few days(especially since I didn't transfer him to a bowl or feed him!), but he is alive and well. I'm pretty sure he loves life as a Ronn. Much better than life on the road with the carnies I suppose!:) I guess I'd be pretty pumped too if someone upgraded my studio apartment in the slums with scraps to eat to a 3 bedroom in suburbia with two gourmet meals a day!! I'm sure you are wondering how we came up with the name... well, I gave Hayden a few choices and instead of any of the ones I gave him he pointed to the bowl and said "Bubbles". So, from that point on, our "pish" has been called Bubbles! I'm still not crazy about having another responsibility, but I'm sure he'll grow on me!!!


He got this excited or more so after every.single.ball. Oh, and the lady that was manning the goldfish game decided to keep giving Hayden more and more balls. She said she just loved watching him play because he was so into it, but I think she was just dying to give away one of her little goldfish!:) Either way, Hayden had a blast and it was SO much fun watching him play! I'm glad we gave in, it was worth it... Bubbles and all!!!

Fish were just our thing this year at the fair. Not only did
Hayden win his first fish, the first alone ride he rode
happened to be a fish as well!

This happened about mid-ride when he was "all through"...

But before that he was all smiles and loving it!!!

The whole fam got to ride the carousel!

I told you he almost fell asleep... he loved it!:)

Hayden got to watch the dog show atop Daddy's shoulders... isn't he lucky?!?
Although the show was great, I had much more fun watching
Hayden cheer on the dogs as they were catching their
frisbees. He was just so cute clapping along with
everyone else when the dogs did one of
their tricks!

And this was him playing in the grass after the show was over... so cute!

He even got a "paw"tographed frisbee that the dogs used in the show!
Pretty cool that he has a frisbee signed by the world champ huh?!?:)

We enjoyed fries and a corn dog(always a fair must!!)
while Hayden enjoyed running back and forth
from our table to the food stand!:)

He did take a break from his running every once in a while
to take a sip of fresh squeezed lemonade!:) I love how
the cup is as big as he is!

Aboard the Rockin' Tug!

Fun times on the slide! We went so fast Hayden's cheeks were flapping in the wind!:)

Of all the rides, this Sky Bucket ride was definitely Hayden's
favorite of the day. Who would have guessed?!?
I couldn't believe he even wanted
to ride it, much less like it!

Who needs kiddie rides when you have the sky buckets?!?

He talked to me the entire ride. He pointed out all the different rides he saw, and we even located the cotton candy stand and lemonade stand. He called the giant lemon that housed the homemade lemonade an apple, but I knew what he meant so I let it slide!:) We also spent time looking for Daddy and Sawyer who were making their way on foot to the other side of the fairgrounds to meet us when we got off the ride. During our hunt we waved and said hello to quite a few people below us, but it wasn't until right before our turn on the sky buckets was over that we actually spotted Daddy! You would have thought Hayden hit the jackpot he was so excited. He was screaming "Daddy" at the top of his lungs, waving and smiling ear to ear. Let me put it to you this way... Daddy turned around and saw us up in the air after Hayden let out his first "Daddy" scream it was so loud!:) Hayden just couldn't believe he had finally found him. It was a like a real live game of Where's Waldo... it was just Where's Daddy!!

This was the picture Daddy got right after we had spotted him!

Hayden insisted on sitting up on one of these stools even
though I thought he would probably fall down.
He won the battle and got to get up on one,
and obviously he was super excited
about it! Oh, and he didn't fall!:)

This is how the night ended... sound asleep!

Fun times at the fair!

And.... he's off!!! I'm pretty sure no kid thought this tractor was
as much fun as Hayden did. He loved "driving" it!

See ya next year Cumming Fair. We can't wait to have more fun!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like you had a great time at the fair! I love all the pics.!

Tiz said...

Love the variety of faces on the "pish' ride! :-)