Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hayden and the Sun

Hayden has never really been a big fan of the sun. When the sun gets in his eyes he immediately squints his eyes and starts his pout/cry! The problem is... he loves to be outside. We are always looking for ways to keep the sun out of his eyes(the shade on his car seat, a blanket over the car seat, etc.) but nothing is ever really the "perfect" solution. One day while I was out shopping with my Mom, we discovered baby sunglasses! Well, I should say SHE discovered baby sunglasses, because I wasn't exactly in the store with her when she found them. We have seen the sunglasses for babies before, but never ones that actually fit a baby's face like they should. You would think a baby would hate having something like that on his face, but not Hayden... I think he thinks he has died and gone to Heaven! It is SO funny! Thank you Gigi for Hayden's first pair of sunglasses!! He now wears them when he is fussing because of the bright sun being in his eyes. They seem to work wonders! I took these pictures one day when we were going out for a stroll.

Squinting before discovering sunglasses!

I hate when the sun gets in my eyes...

The sun has nothin' on me now!!

Well, they are a little big for him, but as you can see the sunglasses really seem to do the trick. He doesn't even put his hands up by his face and try to get them off or anything. It really is like he is glad you put them on! I am just happy we found a solution because it makes our daily strolls much more enjoyable!!!


4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Look at that smile,I love it! Ellie hates the sun too so we got her some sun glasses. I haven't used them yet! I hope they work as well for her as the do Hayden. He is SO adorable!!!!

Jennifer said...

This is hilarious!! My kids have really sensitive eyes too, but they won't wear sunglasses. You're lucky!

Tiz said...

Great pictures! That smile is too cute.

Gigi said...

You are one cool dude! You have your momma believing you NEED those sunglasses (well....maybe GiGi too)! Bless that baby's heart; can't let the sun spoil his fun.