Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Time Flies

I absolutely cannot believe it was 4 months ago today when Hayden was born. I have always said time flies, but never knew it could go by this fast. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital giving birth. Hayden has changed so much over the past 4 months and I know it is just going to keep getting faster. Sometimes I have to remind myself to slow down and take it all in. He will be a "big" boy before we know it. He had his 4 month check-up and shot set yesterday at the pediatricians office. He weighed a whopping 15 pounds, 2 and 1/2 ounces and measured 25 inches. He is growing so fast... for those of you wondering, he is in the 50-75% range for his age! I am still nursing only, so it is actually pretty amazing he is still so big. The pediatrician told us we could start giving him cereal with his milk and work our way up to step one foods at our pace, so I might start doing that in a couple of weeks. We thought we would give you a little update on his likes and dislikes since he has grown a whole month older!

What Hayden likes:
- Meal time - still his #1!
- His jumper - it plays music and does a little light show(he loves the bright lights) when he jumps so he gets really excited when he makes it work!
- The mirror - he loves seeing his reflection
- Sitting up - although he can't do this on his own yet, he sure does love to try(he has one of those Bumbo seats and it is a big help!)
- His ocean play mat - the best part about this mat is when he plays with one of the toys attached to it he gets so tickled that he finds himself laughing out loud(he then turns his head in my direction to see if it is funny!)
- Strolling - he loves being outside and it is so much nicer now that it is warming up
- Talking - the actual conversation part that is, he doesn't want to mumble to himself, he wants you to talk back!
- Mornings - still a morning person!
- Bath time - he has started splashing which is so funny to watch
- His Lovie - what a lifesaver!!
- Sydney - he now loves her to get right up in his face, he is always smiling at her and laughing when she comes around him
- Smiling/laughing
- Being held - he just loves you to hold him, I guess it is part of the whole "I need attention" thing!
- Kicking - he loves to pound his little legs on the floor, mattress, anywhere he can pound them actually... he thinks he is doing something really great!
- His thumb - when he gets himself in a crying fit he seems to find it
- Car rides - he must like the change of scenery!!

What Hayden dislikes:
- Nap time - #1 dislike, he is just really not much of a napper
- Tummy time - we have not gotten anywhere with tummy time, he still doesn't like it and doesn't seem like he will anytime soon!
- Burping - maybe he'll never like this?!?
- Being in a room alone - I still don't really like to be by myself, so this may never change... and I have no problem giving him the attention he wants(well most of the time!!)
- Having a dirty diaper - he hasn't changed a bit on this one

What Hayden is not sure about:
- His swing and bouncer - he used to love these things, but now I think he is starting to associate them with napping so he isn't sure about them anymore
- Bedtime - he always liked bedtime until recently, now he fights it a little bit more
- Being buckled into his car seat - he really hated this at first, but now I think he knows it means we are going somewhere so he doesn't fight it as much

Although time is going by really fast, we are enjoying every minute of it! We can't wait to watch him grow even more. Here are some pictures of him at 4 months.

Am I cute or what?

So happy!

Is anyone listening to me?

I'm done taking pictures now!!!



1 comment:

Tiz said...

I can't believe he is already 4 months! I am dieing to see him again. Tell him Auntie Tiz can't wait to take him to the beach!!!