Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's Pumpkin Time!

Are those pumpkins huge or what?!?

I am so excited fall is here! I love everything about fall... the cooler weather, clothing, fairs, holidays, leaves changing colors, the smell of those yummy candles in the house, family being in town, food, EVERYTHING!!:) Last year around this time Matt and I took our first trip to Burt's Farm up in Dawsonville and we loved it. At that time Hayden was just in my belly, but we knew it would be a trip we would all make together every year... and sure enough we went this past weekend. This year Uncle Troy was able to go with us, as well as some of our neighbors, and we all had a great time! It is a really neat pumpkin patch! They have tons of different size and color pumpkins... it is crazy how big they get them! We got a total of four pumpkins this year, one for each of us. I am always a fan of Sydney's pumpkin because it is white... so cute! Maybe next year Hayden will get another of my favorites, the green one!:) There is also a really cool hayride that we went on. It took us around the farm and we were able to see where the pumpkins were grown. Hayden's favorite part about the hayride was surprise, surprise... playing with the hay!! I almost forgot to mention one of my favorite things, the FRIED apple pie! YUMMY! I don't know how I will wait another year to get another one of those things!! As always I took plenty of pictures...

Smiling big for Mommy!

Having fun on the hayride...

This is the patch where the pumpkins were growing... cool huh?!?

A pit stop on the hayride...

Of course I made all of us take a pic!!

Our sweet hayride driver... so cute!!

So many pumpkins being grown!
This was what we got to see on the hayride...
looks like there will be plenty of pumpkins for next year!

Having fun with the pumpkins...

This is a random pic that has nothing to do with the pumpkin patch,
but everything to do with fall! Matt took this picture of the tree
in our backyard... just one red leaf! Cool huh?!?

Hayden and his friends Bryson and Peyton posing for us on the hay!

Sweet boy!

Hey Momma!

Family fun!

Thank you Burt's for a great time and awesome pumpkins! We'll see you next year!!

5 comments:

Gigi said...

I love him in his skeleton garb in the middle of the pumpkins!! I know he enjoyed being outside in the cool weather along with all the new scenery. What a great outing for the fam! Sign me up for next year!!

Kimberly said...

SOOO cute! I love this place! We used to go every year for a field trip and the kids LOVED it. Dave and I will be taking Ellie this weekend---can't wait!

Katie Reeder said...

Great pics! We love Burt's -- we're going next weekend:)! Hayden could not get any cuter!!!!

Tiz said...

Oh how much fun. I don't think I have ever seen a pumpkin that big! It looks so nice and cool outside. It is still burning hot down here in FL. :-)

dee said...

Jenn! I finally figured this thing out. It was all in German, but I finally read through it and found out my problem. I am so excited! I love your pictures. The pumpkin patch looks like so much fun. It is so great to see Hayden growing in all the pictures. He is such a cutie pie! I love him!