Thursday, October 1, 2009

10 Months... ALREADY?!?

So sweet!

I know I say it a lot, but time is just going so fast. Everyone keeps telling us to hold on because it just gets faster and faster the older they get, so I have officially fastened my seat belt... I'm just not sure if Matt has yet or not!!:) Hayden is quite an explorer these days... he is into everything! So much changes and SOOOO fast. Hayden is now up to 5 teeth and 2 more on the way... and just last month we were at 2, crazy huh?!? Oh, and as you might have guessed from my previous post, I have decided to start calling him my little rolling machine. He is super fast, and the way he turns himself around is quite possibly one of the cutest things I have ever seen! Here's the list I know you've been dying to see!!!:)

What Hayden Likes:
- Turning off the lights - We taught him how to do this so that he could help us when it was time for a nap or bedtime and he is loving it. The funniest part is when he refuses to turn them off... if he isn't ready for his nap he will shake his head no-no and absolutely NOT help us turn out the lights. Too cute!
- New foods - We have ventured out and let him have some more new foods and he is really liking them. He has had green bean casserole, banana pudding, sweet potatoes with cinnamon, spinach and potatoes and tons of other fun combos... sounds good huh?!? He likes them so much most of the time he licks his lips after each bite... too cute! He REALLY loves when we give him a taste of our food... especially ice cream!:) He gets that honest... Mommy, Daddy AND Sydney love ice cream!

I know it's hard to believe I actually let him do this...

But look how happy it makes him!!!

Time to relax!

-Talking - As always, he is our little talker. He has added a few new words to his vocabulary... cheese(sounds a lot like sssshhhhheeeeesssse), ball, and dog(daw-guh) are the newest. My favorite however is bye(b-iiiii). Hayden has been saying this for a while now, but it is just recently that he has started saying it a lot and really having an accent. It is so southern and cute I can't stand it! As you can imagine we talk non-stop everyday!
- Paper - Tearing, crumbling, eating, throwing... LOVES it!
- Play time - As you saw in the previous post he is loving Gymboree, but he loves playing at home with us just as much. His favorites right now are throwing his balls back and forth with us, remote controls, telephones, keys, and his magnets on the fridge. Play time is definitely his favorite part of the day.

Having fun during play time...

Magnet fun!

Fun times with Daddy!

- Leading Peek-A-Boo - He has always loved this game, but it wasn't until recently that he decided he wanted to lead the game. He now places things over his face as you say "peek-a-" and on "BOO" he takes it off.... love it!
- Assisted standing/walking - He is always wanting to be in the standing position and absolutely loves it when he can stand holding on to something without one of us there to help him! It is so funny because sometimes when you go to sit him down he just makes his legs stiff and arches his back. He is NOT going to sit and he lets you know that real quick! He absolutely loves for you to hold his hands and help him walk around the room... he is so fast!

Standing at the window and looking outside is so much fun!!

- Hair - Another thing he has always liked, but lately he has just been really into it. I hardly ever get to wear my hair down, because he is always touching/pulling it! He doesn't just love my hair though, it is anyone's hair... I think Sydney hates it the most!:)
- Making unusual noises with his mouth - He likes to blow strawberries(or make farting noises as Daddy calls it!), make fun clicking noises(thank you Gigi!), blow bubbles, etc. He is really exploring everything his little mouth can do. It is so much fun to do something and watch him try to copy you!
- Puppets - Auntie May got Hayden his first Halloween puppet this week and he has LOVED it! It is a crazy looking monster and we play with it every single day... sometimes multiple times! He tells all kinds of scary stories!!:)
- Door stops - He thinks it is so cool that he can make these "work!" And by work I mean pull them so that they make that funny noise!! He can find them in a room so quick and he loves to play with them. It is especially helpful when I am getting ready in the bathroom!:)
- Bubbles - We play with bubbles in the bath and during play time. Hayden loves bubble time! Bubbles, bubbles everywhere!

Loving his bubble bath!

I guess his hair is a little long for a Mohawk?!?

What Hayden dislikes:
- Trying on clothes - He hates it! He gets so mad at me when I put different outfits on him to see how they fit, decide if we are going to keep them, etc. He gives me that "decide what you want me to wear already" look after one little change of outfit!!
- Being alone - I am not referring to independent play here, because he has gotten pretty good at that, I am talking about when we try to leave the room he is in. He can play with his toys or watch a movie right by himself if we are in the room, but the minute we try to get up and walk out to do something he pouts and then cries. We just want to go to the bathroom Hayden!!! He just needs us to watch him play, what can I say?!?

What Hayden is not sure about:
- Feeding himself - He is so great at holding his own bottle and has been for quite a while now, but he still hasn't mastered feeding himself. It seems like he really wants to, he just isn't sure of exactly what to do. He will put every kind of food possible in his hands, but he just can't seem to get the transfer to the mouth down! We're working on it, but for now we still get to "help" him!!
- Having his fingernails clipped - Right when I start he seems like he is going to be okay, but on about nail number 3 he starts squirming. He is constantly reaching for the clippers... I guess he wants to do it himself!
- His walkers - This used to be something he liked, but now he is just not so sure of them. He can't always get them to work the way he wants them to, and it gets him so frustrated. The faces he makes when this occurs are so funny... we are going to try to get it on tape!

Here are some more pics of him at 10 months...

Standing like a big boy!!

Happy boy!

Laughing...

The closed mouth smile!!

Having fun on the floor!

Love this face...

One more pic for ya... it's an early Halloween treat!!

This penguin is ready for Halloween!!

6 comments:

Tiz said...

How cute!!! He has already changed so much since I saw him last month. I love all the new fall pictures. His outfits are adorable!! :-)

Kimberly said...

SOOOOO cute! Love that boy!

The Very Rev. Denise Ronn, Ph.D. said...

What a cutie! I am amazed how much he likes his picture being taken. I enjoyed the "rollin" video in the previous post. Soon he will be crawling. Love and kisses.

Michele said...

Those pictures are so cute!! He is growing up so fast!

Gigi said...

What precious pictures! Such a handsome little man....I love it. You have truly nailed his likes and dislikes. Isn't it amazing how much his personality has developed in ten months?

Gigi said...

Oh my goodness...how could I forget to mention how adorable his penguin attire is?!?