Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh, the things we will do...

So much for wearing the hat!!

To create the "perfect" first birthday party! And, man is it ever worth it!!:) Hayden's first birthday party was so much fun! It was chaotic and all consuming for me, but I still managed to squeeze in a good time! Dr. Seuss was the theme and boy did we have fun with it. I don't think anyone who wasn't directly involved with the planning could have EVER guessed what all it took to pull this party off. As much work as I have ever done in my life... and it still didn't turn out exactly as I had seen it in my head! Pharmacy is nothing compared to party planning! My sister's great boyfriend Dan dressed up as the Cat in the Hat for us, my Mom made Hayden the cutest Dr. Seuss birthday hat, highchair banner, bib and boxer shorts, we had a Dr. Seuss "hat" pinata, balloons, a teeny tiny(perfect for the small ones!) boing zone, bubble makers, Dr. Seuss cakes(of course!), plenty of cute decorations, and even a video montage of Hayden's first year. Speaking of the video montage... if it weren't for Uncle Troy it couldn't have even been played at the party. Thank goodness we had him here to save the day! I even had some pictures of him in his Dr. Seuss attire in the video! I enjoyed using the Dr. Seuss theme so much you may just see me have another Dr. Seuss party sometime in the future!:) Perfected this time!! One thing that was perfect was the weather. We had set up the garage with everything thinking it would be too cold to have it outside, but we lucked out and were able to move everything to the backyard. Much nicer out there! Hayden had a great turn out for his 1st Birthday... tons of family and friends came to help him celebrate. His Grandma and Grandpa came all the way from Valdosta, Great Meem and Ray drove up from Vidalia, Mrs. Emily came from Bremen, Mr. Josh came from Cleveland, Auntie Tiz and Brad came from Orlando, Ms. Tanya and Madison came from Dahlonega, and the list goes on... I am telling you people came from everywhere to be with Hayden for his birthday party! We are so blessed to have such great people surrounding us and supporting us. I tried to get pictures of everything, but believe it or not I missed quite a bit... too busy with the party details I guess. Bad Mom, I know! At least there are some for you to enjoy...

Aren't these the cutest invites ever?!?
Thanks to my friends at Etsy...
they were perfect!


The cake...

Which I had approved by the Cat in the Hat himself!!!
One of our neighbors Kate made this for us... so cute!

Yummy Dr. Seuss punch!

The birthday boy's party outfits!

I think I may have the most talented Mom ever... thank you
Gigi for the cutest birthday suit a boy could wish fo
r!!

She even put a tag in them... just pretend
the Grandma part reads Gigi!

Yep, that's right... he's ONE!!!

Boing zone!!

Hayden had a great time, and he can't even really jump!!:)

Bubble time! This child LOVES bubbles!

We left the pinata in the garage, and
that seemed to work out well...

UNTIL the pull strings didn't actually
"break" the pinata! Thank goodness
Banks came to the rescu
e!

After a little help from the grown ups the kids were able to get their prizes!
Candy for the older kids and puffs, raisins, cheerios and
goldfish for the little ones!
YUMM
Y!!!

Storytime...

Brought to you by the Cat in the Hat!

We all love Green Eggs and Ham!

I LOVED the balloons!

And Hayden loved them too!!

Party goers!

Hayden's Great Aunt Kitty and Great Gran were
having just as much fun as the little ones!

I love my Auntie May...

But, my Momma is my favorite!!!:)

Check out Sydney's cute party outfit!

The kiddos were pretty scared of the Cat in the Hat, but I did
manage to get a picture of Sophia with h
im!!!

Great Gran(or as I like to call her Granny on Wheels!) and Sydney!
I would like to mention here that she really does not like
animals and you would never in a million years think
she would have a dog on her lap... but somehow
princess Sydney managed to get up there!
I had to snap a pic quic
k!!

Hayden wouldn't take a pic with the "real" Cat in the Hat,
so Daddy put on the costume for us!

Ellie making her fingerprint for Hayden's Birthday Book!

The perfect keepsake!

Party favors for the guests!

Time for some cake...

I bet you didn't realize Hayden was a celebrity until you
got to his party! All the paparazzi called each other
and showed up just in time to snap this pictur
e!

Maybe that's why he wanted nothing to do with his cake!:)

But, he sure enjoyed feeding it to Mommy!


And I managed to get some cute pics after everyone left!

Present time!!!

This was definitely Hayden's favorite part!
He loved everything about it... the tissue
paper, wrapping paper, attention,
gifts, ALL of
it!

Auntie Tiz and Brad trying to pose for a pic...
Hayden was too busy with his gifts!

So many presents!

Checking them out...

I think this picture says it all... he LOVED them!

I really wanted to get a picture of him with Sydney...
he didn't want to smil
e!:(

Didn't want to smile with Mommy and Daddy either!

And Thank You's to go along with the theme!

Just walking to the door to tell our guests goodbye!
This is Hayden's absolute favorite way to walk...
attached to our pants! Daddy thought of
this genius idea and Hayden lo
ves it!

The after party...

And off he goes!

Afterwards, Hayden had fun playing with and
EATING the pinata!!!

Just one last picture... well it's actually a game of Where's The Cat in the Hat(thanks Daddy for helping us out with this one!)! Have fun!!!:)

Did you find all 7 of them?!?


Thank you to everyone who helped make Hayden's first birthday so special. I know he is going to love looking back on it one day. It was a great party!

5 comments:

Tiz said...

What a great party! Definitely the best birthday party I have ever been to. I still laugh every time I see "The Cat in the Hat" aka Dan. :-) It was fun watching Hayden get so excited over his presents--I wonder who he gets that from...hahaha!!

Gigi said...

Best blog ever! Gran and I have been enjoying it for the last half hour! You really captured the heart of the party and a PARTY it was...Paparazzi and all! Hayden is a very loved little boy! "Oh, the places he will go!"

Kimberly said...

Well I'm not sure what you are talking about, I thought the party was PERFECT!!!! Hayden had so much fun and so did everyone else!!! You did an awesome job!!!

Katie Reeder said...

Um...you are a perfect mom!!

Kate said...

WOW!! What a party!!! I can't believe all the little details! Such a great mama and talented party planner. :)