Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Splash time!!!

Can we say thoroughly enjoying the sprinkler?!?:)

So much to do... so little time to blog!:) We have been having so much fun splashing around I had to have a post just for the splashing!!! Hayden loves the water and he is getting his fair share of it this summer. Back when we went on vacation he had an absolute blast playing at the splash pad in The Logan's neighborhood, and since we have been back home he has had just as much fun splash, splash, splashing. I told myself on vacation that I would have to take him to Centennial Park when we got home so he could enjoy their splash pad, but I never even had to go all the way downtown because we have our own splash pad called Sprayground right around the corner in Roswell! Maybe one day we'll make it all the way downtown for some splashing, but for now the sprayground is perfect! Hayden has so much fun running through all the fountains. We have also been spending quite a bit of time splashing in the pool which is oh so fun. Just last week, Hayden decided he would start jumping into the pool to us which is so cool! It is so much fun seeing his face light up and then catching him as he throws himself off the edge. I seriously thought it would be much longer before he started taking leaps of faith into the water, but boy was I wrong... he thinks it is the greatest thing ever. The only problem is getting him to stop long enough so we can get a little mini break!:) Another fun splashing activity is the sprinkler!!! Man, I loved these as a kid and Hayden is no different. Once we saw how much he loved playing in the splash areas we knew we had to go and get him a sprinkler and it has proved to be a great purchase. He LOVES it! I must admit, we have a pretty good time running through it with him as well!! Along with all the other splashing we've also had some fun at the lake... Hayden isn't crazy about having to wear his life jacket, so we don't spend a ton of time in the water, but I'm sure he'll come around. After all, he does love the boat and hanging out with his friends, so I'm sure the whole life jacket thing will just come with time(that or we will find another flotation device he will enjoy!)! Here are a few pictures from all our adventures...

He loved absolutely every little thing about all his splashing. The running
into the spraying fountains, the part where he figured out how to get
the fountains to quit spraying, playing with his water toys, and
socializing with his friends. I'm pretty sure he has great
dreams about it at night and can't wait for
our next splash day!:)

I, of course, loved capturing all of those moments at the splash pad and
sprayground, but none of them quite compared to this moment!
Nothing quite like a little drink of w
ater! Priceless!!!!

Not only was running through the sprinkler fun...
throwing balls through the sprinkler was fun too!:)


And Sydney had an absolute blast rolling in the grass as the
sprinkler was on!!:) It's a toy that really is fun for all!


But, I don't think anyone could have quite as much fun as Daddy and Hayden!

I'm not sure what kind of faces the boys were giving me,
but at least they turned around for me! Next time
we'll work on the smiling part...


Deep in conversation about something... cute as can be!

Perhaps they were talking about their Daddy's
having fun in the water without them!!!:)


Some Mommy/Hayden time at swim lessons, which got canceled
by the way, but at least we got a few lessons under our belt!
I guess Daddy and I will be the swim teachers
for the rest of the summer!:)

Oh, and don't worry... I couldn't leave you without a glimpse into Hayden's first day of jumping into the pool... Enjoy!

Don't you just love what a great job Daddy did catching his every
move while making his jump?!? I especially love my face in
the very last pic with the splash... yikes!:)

I just love this boy...

Oh, and of course we just had to get a video of the jumping!!! So cute!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like a great time! I love his jump into the pool!

Tiz said...

Love the video! How do you find all of the songs to match?!?! :-)