Monday, September 20, 2010

He's Here... Sawyer David Ronn!!!

Love at first sight...

Sawyer finally made his arrival! That's right he was born on August 30th at 9:57am. He was 9 pounds, 11 ounces and 21 and 1/2 inches long. Yes, he was a BIG boy! Sweet as ever, but big!! The delivery went perfectly(once we made it to the hospital that is!). I must say I was in quite a bit of pain at the house before we made it there. I guess rightfully so though... I was a whopping 6 centimeters dilated once we finally made it to the hospital! Yikes right?!? Yes, I was certain I would miss getting my epidural, which was totally stressing me out, but we made it just in time for them to get the necessary fluid in me so I could have that magical pain medicine! PPPfffffuuuuuuwww... it was a close call! I had felt like I was in labor pretty much all day on the 29th, but kept telling myself it was probably false. It wasn't until the middle of the night when I knew we would be having baby Sawyer that day. I should have known it all along because it happened just the way it did with Hayden. Little contractions all through the day that progressively got worse and then BAM, the middle of the night real labor begins! Oh, and it was a Monday just like with Hayden! Crazy huh?!? The scare was waiting on Gigi and Grandaddy to get here to stay with Hayden so we could go to the hospital. It seemed like it took forever because I was having my contractions so close together, but they actually got here pretty fast considering they were coming from Jonesboro. I was so nervous because of Monday morning traffic and them having to go directly through Atlanta to get here, but they made it. Needless to say, Matt and I left right when they got here, and in normal Ronn style that ride was eventful as well. Matt decided to go the back way to the hospital instead of on 400 because he thought there would be less traffic... WRONG. Well, there may have been less traffic, but there certainly were not less buses taking all the little kiddos to school. Aaahhhhhhh! In the end, we made it to the hospital(Northside Forsyth that is!) and Sawyer was born 3 hours later! I went from 6-10 centimeters in a matter of minutes, and then once I could feel to push after having the epidural, I pushed a few times and out came Sawyer!:) Dr. Zimmerman(the lady who delivered Sawyer) even let me touch his head on the way out. It was really cool!

All the delivery room details...

This is what happens when you finally get your epidural!:)
The funny thing is I don't think I looked like this
for more than 30 seconds... it just happened
to get caught on camera!

Matt was ready to meet his newest addition...

Sawyer making his grand entrance!

Daddy cutting the umbilical cord!

Hayden... our little doctor for the day!:)

A Momma always loves the sound of that first cry!

And the first touch of that little hand!

And it is probably not even 5 minutes after they let you hold your new little addition that they take them right away from you to go do things like this...

They find out how big they are... in our case a whopping 9 pounds and 11 ounces!

I'm not sure they do this whole hold your baby
upside down thing to everyone, but they
had to do it with Sawyer. They were
trying to get him to cough up the
stuff he had swallowed on the
way out and apparently this
is one of the ways they
get that job done!

This was taken right after they finished up with his vitals...

Look at those tiny little fingers on that tiny little hand!

Cutest little feet ever!

I am so glad this was captured on camera because I only got to see it from afar
and would have never known exactly what Hayden's face looked like the
first time he got to "meet" Sawyer! Everyone was so excited for
Hayden to meet Sawyer... well everyone but Hayden!:)

I'm pretty sure he was disgusted!

Hayden truthfully wanted nothing to do with Sawyer at first. As a matter of fact he acted like he didn't even exist for about the first week. He just ignored the fact that he was present. And by ignore, I mean ignore! He just went on about his normal business and pretended Sawyer wasn't even in the picture. There was none of that sweet touching the baby or holding the baby... there was NO baby! It was pretty crazy! He has come around now though. He will help us with changing diapers, check on Sawyer if he is crying, bring me a paci, touch him, hold him, all the things I thought he would do! I am sure they are going to be great friends one day... and probably even be worst enemies on days too!!!

It is so nice when the nurses get finished with all the necessary
poking and prodding and you get to hold your baby again!
I love this picture of all of us!

Sawyer's fan club!

Mrs. Kendra and the boys!

I just had to include this picture because Kendra was the nurse that delivered both Hayden and Sawyer. It was so crazy when I walked in the door and saw she was going to be my nurse again. It wasn't like we were friends and she made a point to be there or anything, it was just one of those crazy things that happens sometimes. Cool huh?!? I loved her the first time with Hayden and loved her even more the second time around with Sawyer. She made getting through the painful parts so much easier and we always have a great time chatting! I was so lucky to get blessed with having her there again. I told her if we have another baby to be ready because the hospital is going to get a call requesting her to be there!:)

Sawyer's first bath!

Oh, and I just had to include this picture of Hayden's first bath
because I couldn't believe how similar they looked!

Not too happy after that bath... I'm pretty
sure he wanted his Momma back!:)

I just love this picture of Sawyer with his Gigi! So cute!

Big Brother Hayden!

Sawyer's first dose of medicine!

One is Sawyer and one is Hayden... the
question is can you tell who is who?!?

Ready for discharge...

Ankle bracelet away... Home here we come!!!

Ready for his first car ride!

And this is how we were greeted when we arrived home from the hospital! It was so nice driving up and seeing everyone so excited to see us coming home! Oh, and I loved Hayden's little chair with the balloons... Gigi said it was all his idea!:)

So cute and sweet I couldn't hardly stand it!

We were so lucky to have our good friend Kahlia meet us at the hospital and take pictures of Sawyer's birth for us. You can see more of her work here... she is great! With her camera and the 15 others we had there I'm pretty sure we caught it all on camera! I will always treasure the pictures... they are perfect! I even made a little slide show using some of the pictures to tell Sawyer's birth story...



Thank you to everyone who has helped us the past few weeks with meals, and a special thank you to my Mom(Gigi) and Gran who have been so helpful with the boys. They have really helped us to get used to life with two and we are so thankful to have had their help. Although Gigi is not here anymore, she was here enough over the past few weeks that Hayden still looks all around the house and calls for his Gigi daily, and I am pretty sure Sawyer dreams of having Gran hold him all day! They were like a gift sent directly from God! Sawyer is a great baby and Hayden is going to be a great big brother. We can't wait to see what life has in store for us now that we have two!!!:)

7 comments:

Michele said...

ADORABLE!!! I have been looking everyday for your post! You guys got some amazing pictures!!! Congratulations again!

Katie Reeder said...

So awesome! I am so excited for you and your perfect family! You got some AMAZING pictures:) and I'm glad you made it to the hospital. Next time you better call us!! Don't ever risk missing the epidural...hahaha! Glad you're home!

Kimberly said...

Congrats! He is just adorable!!! :)

Tiz said...

I am dying to meet my new nephew!!!! He is just as adorable as his big brother. :-) Hugs and kisses.

Gigi said...

What a perfect recall of the last few weeks! Miracles and chaos colliding at the same time. And, I wouldn't change a thing. We are truly a BLESSED family.

Heather Adams said...

That was so awesome to look at! You can tell you put a lot of work into it! Congratulations again, he is beautiful!

The Very Rev. Denise Ronn, Ph.D. said...

I can't believe it has taken me so long to see this. I am too busy for a gmom. Sawyer David is just the cutest (of course, along with his brother Hayden Thomas). Thanks Jennifer for letting us experience all of the fun times with the boys. Much love!