Monday, December 20, 2010

He's a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech!

The happy graduate!

That's right... Uncle Troy graduated from Georgia Tech this past weekend. And with an Aerospace Engineering degree I might add. Yep, true Georgia Tech nerd!:) We love a reason to get together and have a good time in this family, so this was naturally the perfect reason for a celebration! The actual ceremony was on campus at the Alexander Memorial Coliseum(basketball dome) which was pretty cool. Well, cool other than the fact I had to park a mile away and walk with both kids in the rain all the way to the coliseum. Yes, you read that right. It was crazy. I tried to get the cops manning the place to let me pull up front and unload the kids with my family that was already inside, but they just were not having that. So, off to park a mile away it was. Luckily for me, a nice lady offered to help me by carrying Hayden under her umbrella. Unlucky for her, Hayden squalled the ENTIRE walk to the coliseum because he wanted me to be holding him. Impossible seeing as I had all of our stuff, an umbrella and was carrying Sawyer in the carrier. Yes, Matt was working!:) I felt so bad for the sweet lady and told her she did not have to continue carrying him and he could walk with me, but she insisted and said it didn't bother her at all. She even tried calming him down. It just wasn't happening. She carried him all the way to the entrance walking right beside me and neither boy got wet one little bit. Just in case you come across this blog and are reading... thanks again sweet lady! So, to begin with graduation was complete chaos for me and I was covered in sweat and rain, but the day ended up being a lot of fun. Oh, and we are super proud of Uncle Troy! So proud we yelled as loud as possible when they announced his name. Super fun I might add. Even Hayden joined in on the yelling fun! And, believe it or not, Sawyer slept right through it!:)

My big camera lens came in handy when I wanted to find him in the crowd!

He did it!:)

Checking it out...

Buzz graduated too!:)

Although Hayden did thoroughly enjoy cheering for Uncle Troy
when it was his turn to graduate, this balloon drop was
definitely his favorite part of the event!
And sweet Uncle Troy even
brought him one of the
balloons when he
came to meet
us!

You know we had to get the family pic! Notice Hayden worrying
about his fallen balloon! The boy LOVES balloons!

After the graduation was over we headed over to The 57th Fighter Group Restaurant in Atlanta. Super cool place and absolutely perfect for Uncle Troy. The food was yummy, the planes were awesome and the servers didn't seem to get too annoyed with my two crazy boys!:) Perfect!

Hayden had a blast with this door. I tell you,
the child can make a toy out of anything!

He thought he was big stuff opening and closing it
all by himself. Such a big boy!:)

Sawyer was just as sweet as ever!

Uncle Troy loved that I had him pose with this shirt he got as a gift!
And I'm pretty sure he will be super excited
when he sees that I put it up
on the blog!

The little pig that turned out to be a lot of fun!

We decided we would give Uncle Troy money as a graduation gift which is something I never like to give, so I had to find a way to make it a little more fun than just putting it in a card! When I found this gold piggy bank I knew that was the way to go! It was Georgia Tech gold after all! We filled it with lottery tickets, which were winners by the way, and money and Troy seemed to enjoy it. Who knows, maybe we'll give money again sometime if I find another cool way to give it!!! To end the day we took some pics with the graduation man...

Happy Graduation Day Uncle Troy! We are so proud of you!!

1 comment:

Tiz said...

The smartest person I know! Love you Peep!