Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's been a Boot Scootin', Barnyard Bashin', Barkin' good time around here lately... and we saw ELMO!

Look Saw, it's Elmo!!

Long title, I know. I just didn't know how else to say it. We have been having so much fun around here I haven't had time to get it on the blog. I would say forgive me for being such a blog slacker and promise you it will get better, but instead of doing that and having to break a promise I'll just say I'm sorry I can't stay on top of it like I would like to. I feel like my free time is just getting less and less these days. Imagine that!:) I did finally get around to getting Sawyer's birthday party pictures up so I'll have a link for that for you as well as a hilarious video of him scooting! Yay! I finally got a Sawyer video up!:) So proud of myself... can you tell?!? Speaking of Sawyer, we had his 1 year check up last Thursday and he weighed in at 19 pounds and 15 ounces and was 28 and 1/2 inches tall. Weight was 10th percentile and height was 10-25th percentile. He's turned into a tiny little guy! Everything checked out great at the visit, including the "not eating" solid question we had for Dr. Papciak. He just said to give him time and keep trying to introduce new things... so we are being patient with him. I wasn't ready to be eaten out of house and hold yet anyways!:) Funny enough the day after the appointment he decided to start eating graham crackers, so we are already progressing. Sneaky Sawyer just wanted to see if we would actually talk to Dr. Papciak about it!!! Silly boy! Eating solids or not, he has been having tons of fun! We went to Bark in the Park back on the 4th, so I'll have a link for that for you towards the end of the post. So fun! AND, just last week we took the boys to see Elmo's Super Heroes live down at Philips Arena which was a blast. They both enjoy Sesame Street, so it was a lot of fun for them to get to see them up close. It is one of those events that isn't quite as crowded as lets say the circus, so much less chaotic. The show had the same format as the Sesame Street show so that made it fun for the boys because they pretty much knew what to expect. The storyline was great fun... gotta love super heroes! There was one section where a lady came out dressed up like a farmer and they did some farm songs which was definitely their favorite. They loved all of the singing and dancing parts, but this was the part they got the most into. Hayden also thoroughly enjoyed when Super Grover appeared on stage, but Sawyer didn't seem to care so much about that! I guess 1 year old's don't care too much about super heroes yet!:) Don't worry, Hayden will get him on the bandwagon soon enough!!! Enjoy the pics...

This superhero's ready to see Elmo!

He was so ready to get in the doors he tried giving our tickets to security!

Look how excited he was when giving them to the correct person!:)

YAY!

The first thing he did when we got through the
doors... hug the cardboard Elmo!:) So sweet!


Not only did Sawyer smile like this for his Elmo pic, this
is exactly what his face looked like the minute he
saw him for the first time! It was
the cutest thing ever.

He also thoroughly enjoyed his
version of the crawl with Elmo!


Daddy snapped this pic of Hayden and I right before the show started!

And this is what little Sawyer's face looked like minutes
before the show began. He was definitely taking it all in!

Hayden loved watching the show from his big boy seat!

There were times he got so excited...

Like when Super Grover appeared!

And even a few times I think he got mad at some of the characters!
I just know this had to be that mean 'ol Oscar
making Hayden mad!:)

But he mostly just sat back and enjoyed himself!:)

Sawyer took a turn in the big boy chair as well...
he thought he was big stuff!!!


We really had no idea how this little outing would go or if we would even make it through the entire thing, but both boys did great and not only did we make it through the whole thing, Hayden asked us if we wanted to see it again! As soon as he realized the show was ending he started asking me if we wanted to start it again like it was a movie or something. So cute! Daddy, Sawyer and I were more than ready to exit the building!:) At least we now know these cute little shows are fun for us!

This was during the farm part I was telling you about earlier...

It was definitely the boys favorite! I loved when they
would stand up next to each other to watch!

I guess if I would have showed you this pic first you wouldn't
have thought the boys enjoyed Elmo so much!:)

This post wouldn't be complete without the next Sawyer pic...

Sawyer loved practicing his superhero walk through all of Phillips Arena!:)

I'm pretty sure he enjoyed his walking far more than he enjoyed the show! He's gonna let go one day soon and we are gonna be in trouble. I just have a feeling having two of them to chase after is going to be crazy!:) They sure are fun though! Here are a few other fun Ronn events you need to catch up on...

Boot Scootin' Sawyer

Sawyer's Barnyard Bash!

Ahhhhhhhhhh Oooooooooooooo.... Bark for the Braves!

Sorry to not get them posted earlier, but hope you had fun doing another catch up session!! Like I said before, I can't promise to stay on top of the blog, but I can certainly promise to try! These next few months are crazy busy for us, but most definitely my favorite part of the year. I can't wait for all the fun to begin!:)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Took me some time but I got all caught up on the Ronns today! Loved all the posts. Looks like you guys have been having fun!

Tiz said...

How sweet!!! precious boys!