Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bark in the Park

This past Sunday we had our semi-annual trip to bark in the park! Turner Field hosts this event twice a year and we have been taking Sydney since they started. It is always a lot of fun for Sydney(and us of course!). There are tons of dogs and she always has a great time. It is so cool getting to see all the different breeds and watching them all "talk" to each other. This year was extra special because it was also Hayden's very first Braves game! I could tell he was really enjoying himself!! He was taking it all in... I think his big blue eyes saw the entire stadium before we left. Uncle Troy and Chubbs went with us as well which was an added playmate for Sydney, and a helping hand for us! Chubbs hadn't been to a game before, but I have a sneaking suspicion this won't be his last game!! He had a great time. As you can imagine I took a million pictures...

Nice backdrop huh?!?

Hayden and Daddy

Sydney and Mommy

Chubbs and Uncle Troy

He even wore his baseball PJ's the night before!!

If you have a dog and you haven't ever been you should consider going, it is a great "social" event! One of Sydney and Chubbs favorite things was the ice cream. Each dog gets a lik-a-lot, which is peanut butter flavored dog ice cream. It is the perfect treat because it is so hot outside... it cools them right off! Hmmmm... I just had an idea, maybe I can use that as my next excuse to eat ice cream... "I need something to cool me off"!! They also have water bowls all around in case the dogs need water(they even put ice cubes in the bowls so the water is ice cold!). Another cute thing is the blow up pools they have out for the dogs to "dip" in. Of course Sydney was not allowed to get in, but if you wanted to, your dog could go for a little swim! Maybe one day I'll venture out and let her take a little dive in, but don't hold your breath, I'm not big on her getting dirty! I did however let her go through the misting machine!!

Enjoying their ice cream...

Do you think he liked the game?

Syd and Chubbs

A few friends...

Time for a nap!

Go Braves!

I told you he had a good time!

We had to squeeze for this pic!!!

I don't think we could have had a better time at the game... unless the Braves won of course! We can't wait for the next one. GO BRAVES!!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

What fun!!! Somehow I don't think Jade would do so well with this! Maybe we will try next year...

Katie Reeder said...

Oh my goodness! We have to take Munson next year. Looks like sooo much fun!

Tiz said...

These pictures are so cute. It looks like you all had a great time (dogs included)!

Gigi said...

Wow! Just look at how much fun it was for everyone! I'm thinking I may need to bring Stella next year. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!~ Loving the pictures!