Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Big Vacation

I LOVE vacation!!

We ventured out and took our first vacation a couple of weeks ago and it was so much fun! It took quite a bit of work to get us ready to leave, but it was a lot of fun once we got there! Who knew you needed to take so much with you for a vacation? Well, I guess I did... I have always been a heavy packer, and it's just that much worse with a baby. We took the Tahoe and it was absolutely as full as it could be, not one more thing would have fit! I had to bring EVERYTHING because you just never know what you might need!!

The view from my seat...

I know from the looks of that picture you are wondering where Hayden was sitting, but don't worry he was safe and sound in his little part of the car! Oh, and Sydney always sits on one of our laps, so she was safe and sound as well!! We left our house around 4am, and that was one of the smartest decisions we have ever made. We were able to put Hayden to bed as usual around 8pm, and then when we were ready to leave we just transferred him to his car seat, and back to sleep he went until 7am. Well, by the time he was up and ready for breakfast we were in Valdosta, where Grandma and Grandpa Ronn live, where we were able to stop and visit. I fed Hayden and we ate breakfast, and then off we were again for the second part of our drive. Hayden took his morning nap during this part of the drive, so it made for a really nice trip for us. We were to our vacation destination in no time!! We stayed with some friends of ours, Joe and Rikki, in Orlando, and we had a really great time. They just had a baby in January, so Hayden had a playmate, and they have two dogs, so Sydney had the time of her life! The first weekend we were there was the weekend my sister graduated, so my family was there and we were able to spend a lot of time with them. Hayden got to do his first bit of "swimming," which was a lot of fun, and we all got to hang out.

Almost ready to swim!!

Let's go Mommy!

I'm ready Daddy...

Loving the water!!

He's not sure about the backstroke...

Check out those rolls!!!!!

Checking out his feet...

Kick Hayden KICK

Let's go inside!!

Hayden also had his very first trip to the beach while we were there. We took a day trip to Cocoa Beach and let him check everything out! It was a lot of fun. The amount of things we put in the car to take to the beach for the day was very amusing.... but very necessary! Auntie Tiz took some pictures of us at the beach before we put on our suits and that was an interesting photo shoot. Let's just say it isn't easy getting beach pics when the beach is full of wind, full of people, and a new experience for a baby!


As you can see, we had a good time! I also have a few pictures of Hayden and Grace together so I just had to share them as well. Grace is Joe and Rikki's daughter and we had so much fun with her! It was so cute watching the two of them interact!

He almost got her hand!!

Play time...

Matt, Joe, Hayden and Grace

Happy Mother's Day!!

Going in for his goodnight kiss...

So cute in their PJ's!!

We can't wait until our next trip... I'm sure I'll get better about the packing thing(maybe next time the car won't be SO full!).

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh my goodness.....these are the cutest pictures yet!! The beach pictures are fabulous. No easy task for sure. Looks like you made it fun for everyone, though! I want copies!

Gigi said...

I've just shown dad the latest pics! I enjoyed it as much the second time around..... Good 'ole Kenny just sets the stage! Dad loved the pictures and your comments. Keep it up; this is a great way to lock in the memories and to share with everyone. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together. We love it! My head's hanging low thinking about all the unorganized pictures I have of y'all floating around in drawers and cabinets waiting to be placed in old-fashioned, old-school albums! I need a blog! I could name it: "Procrastinator Extraordinaire"

Kimberly said...

I love all the beach pics. It looks like you guys had a great time! I laughed at the pic. of the car all full. You just never know what you need!

Tiz said...

The beach pictures turned out so nice. Those matching outfits are way too cute! I had such a wonderful time with all of you. I can't wait till next year...Disney World!!