Thursday, February 25, 2010

Elephants + Cotton Candy + Funny Hats = FUN!

Family pic... Hayden's eyes were this wide the ENTIRE night!

Yep, you guessed it... we went to the circus! Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey's Zing, Zang, Zoom!!! We had such a great time. As did the rest of the sold out crowd on Sunday... it was packed! I had no idea that Hayden was actually going to watch the circus, as a matter of fact I had prepared myself to have to leave 10 minutes into it... but boy did he ever surprise me! He watched the circus in its entirety! You know what that means right?!? We got to watch the circus in its entirety!! It was a great show. I guess Hayden wasn't too young to enjoy it after all. We couldn't really decide if this would be the best year to take him or if we should wait until next year, but in the end we wanted him to have the experience and it proved to be the right decision. He was wide-eyed and taking it all in from the time we entered the building. I felt like I needed to remind him to blink so that his eyes didn't dry out!:) He did shed a few tears right when it got dark or if there was a really loud unexpected noise, but for the most part he did great. We didn't have to exit the arena once! Well, except at intermission for cotton candy of course(which is also where we got Hayden's crazy circus hat... it was attached to the cotton candy)! I think Hayden's favorite part of the circus was the bright lights and music, but my favorite part by far was watching him clap for the performances when they were over. It was the cutest thing ever. When the audience started clapping, Hayden just joined right in and clapped too! It definitely outdid the circus for me... and I LOVE the circus!:) The elephants definitely won the biggest applause award for the night. Everyone loved them... including us! They did everything from standing on their trunk to holding girls in their mouth. Really cool! And now for the pictures...

Look at all their cool tricks!!

The horses were fun to watch too... the black and white ones were so pretty!

One of my favorite parts of the show of course... the doggies!! This one got HIGH!

My real reason for going to the circus!!!

I'm pretty sure Hayden made this face as we were
passing that giant cotton candy stand...
he must love it as much as I do!!!:)

These people were amazing...

And you gotta love a tightrope!

Hayden and Grandaddy definitely enjoyed watching the show!

We did let Hayden down for approximately
10 seconds so he could stretch his
little legs! Sweet of us huh?!?
Just too crowded for
much walking...

Me and the boys!!!

Although you can't see his eyes, I love his expression...
the hat was slightly too large for him!!!

Having fun with Gigi!

I attempted to get a picture of all three of them and this is how it turned out.
I don't believe Hayden wanted any more pictures!

This picture just cracks me up... where is Hayden?!?

Hayden's very first circus was a huge success! Matt and I have always loved the circus, but it was even better this year getting to share the experience with Hayden! We can't wait until next time!:)

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Thanks for inviting us to go with y'all! We had a wonderful time sharing the experience of his first circus! I think he loved it...I know we did!

Kimberly said...

Looks like OH so much fun! I wish we had taken Ellie--we assumed she was too young to enjoy it, I guess she MIGHT have proved us wrong too! Maybe next time! :)

Tiz said...

Oh the fun memories of the circus. :-)It looks like Hayden had a blast!