Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hippity, Hoppity

Easter Egg Extravaganza!

Easter came and went! When I first started writing this post Easter was still on its way so the title actually rhymed, but that's what happens when life gets busy... you don't have time to post!:) We had such a great Easter! We did so many "Easter" things before Easter even got here. We made some Easter themed rice krispies, Easter eggs of course, went to see the Easter bunny, went to an Easter petting zoo, broke out the Easter PJ's, read lots of books on the story of Easter and even practiced hunting eggs! We were Easter happy around here! I had a feeling Hayden was going to love getting to hunt eggs because of all the practice we had done, and sure enough he seemed to enjoy it. He got a little more into it around the house, but I think that is just because he didn't have 5 or 10 people hovered around him trying to assist him in the "hunting!" We hunted both indoors and outdoors and he really didn't care where the eggs were, he just wanted to pick them up and see what was inside!:) It was so cute to watch! We had a little hunt with our neighbors on Saturday and a BIG hunt with the fam on Easter Sunday. It was so much fun! Oh, and getting the eggs ready for the hunt was fun as well. Matt and I spent more time trying to get Hayden not to dye his clothes than actually letting him dye the eggs, but he still got the idea. Next year he'll be a pro! The not so fun part of Easter for Hayden was... the Easter Bunny! He was terrified. It was much like Santa Clause.... tons of crying! You'll see what I mean in the picture! Needless to say, he was ready for the Easter Bunny experience to be over! He really didn't even get that into the petting zoo we took him to. He did pick up and hold a baby chick, but other than that, he didn't want much to do with the other animals. We took him after we had seen the Easter Bunny, and I think he was still traumatized from that!! One thing he really enjoyed that we did was making rice krispies. He loved both making them and eating them... yummy! We might just have to make us Easter rice krispies every year! That can go right along with our PJ tradition... we have to get dressed for the occasion! He hasn't really been into me reading him books lately, but he has on the other hand enjoyed getting cozy in his PJ's and reading ME Easter stories!:) I must say I enjoy his storytime!! And I thoroughly enjoyed our PJ photo session(rabbit ears and all!) with Gigi! Gigi and I laughed so hard I thought both of us were going to pee in our pants before it was over. The funny thing is, Hayden enjoyed it just as much as we did. He was cracking up at us cracking up... so cute! All in all, the preparation as well as the day itself was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better Easter and can't wait until next year!:)

I wasn't lying when I said he wasn't a fan of the Easter Bunny!:)

Please let me hold the baby chick Momma....

OK, but please don't kill the baby chick Hayden!!!

That's better... let Momma help!

Learning how to pet the chick very gently!

Learning to dye eggs! So much fun!:)

The finished product... ready for the Easter Egg
Hunt(and Daddy to eat... he loves these things)!

We had fun making rice krispies too...

Some of the neighborhood kiddos getting ready for the egg hunt...
next year I'm certain they are all going to sit on this same
curb and pose perfectly for the pre-hunt picture!:)

Having fun at the hunt!

If only Sydney and the sun would have cooperated... maybe next time!

All ready for the Easter Bunny to come!

While taking these PJ pics, this happened(where you
could see the coupon attached to his ears!)...

This happened...

But funniest of all was when THIS happened!!! Poor boy...

But at least he did get a visit from the Easter Bunny!
Hayden could.not.wait. to get over to his basket!

And dig everything out of course!

He even wanted the stuff up top!

I tried my absolute best to get a picture of both of them together...

They just do better alone! Wasn't the Easter Bunny so nice to them?!?

Time for the family hunt... maybe next year they'll
all line up so I can get a real pic!

And he's off...

Trying to decide which eggs to go for!

Look Grandaddy, there's one!

This one hidden in the tall grass was a little trickier than the others!:)

He had so much fun picking them up and putting them in his basket!

I tried to get a picture of him with his second cousins, but it didn't work too well!

There was a little more cooperation for the family photos!

And after ALL that was said and done, Hayden
ended up with his very first sk
inned knee!:(

That did not however keep us from having a photo session when we got home!!!

Or Hayden from eating a few of the things he found inside his eggs!

How many more are in here?!?

So funny!:)

The half smile...

One more time, but on Daddy's face this time!:)

Having so much fun swinging! I love Sydney's face in this last one...
she was so tired from chasing us around the yard!:)

So cute!

Oh, and one more thing... Auntie Tiz got engaged! Yippie... we can't wait to plan another wedding! Welcome to the family Uncle Brad!

How funny is this pic? I just had to post it because I thought it was so cute!

One happy engaged couple!

So, as you can see we have been really busy lately. Had tons of fun, but been very busy. Easter was everywhere, and it was eggcellent!:) I have to get un-busy again(maybe I should say a little less busy, seeing as I am a busy body!) so that my next post doesn't have to be 45 minutes long to tell my story! I just hate having to leave something out!!! I hope everyone had as great of an Easter as we did. Only one more year until we get to do it again!!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like your Easter was SO much fun! Hayden is adorable! I wish I had been here for the neighborhood hunt--hopefully next year. :)

Oh...congrats to your sis!

Tiz said...

OH how precious!! These are some of my favorite pictures of Hayden. He is going to be the cutest ring barrier ever. :-)

Gigi said...

How adorable! I still get tickled when I think about the photo sessions with the ears. I lost the ability to use my arms or legs and couldn't even stand up straight...found myself sprawled on the floor hysterical.

It was a perfect Easter spending time with our extended family members and celebrating Jesus' resurrection.

And, a big WOO HOO to Elizabeth and Brad! We can't wait to start planning the wedding!