Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ready... Set...

He was not only ready to ride, but ready to operate!!!:)

RIDE! That's right people. We are already preparing for the Cumming Country Fair and Festival in October in our house!:) Peachtree Rides has a little mini fair set up outside of the Walmart in Alpharetta for the next few weeks, and thanks to our good friend and neighbor Heather who told us about it, we decided to go this past weekend. I was a little skeptical at first because it didn't seem like there was very much Hayden could do, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. I was right about the part that there was very little he could actually do, but he had a great time doing the few things he could. It was especially nice because we were able to meet up with some of our neighbors, so Hayden had little playmates. As always, I loved getting to watch Hayden experience everything. It is pretty amazing how something so small can become so meaningful when your child is involved. He had such a great time!

We started out buying us some of these...

And Hayden even got a chance to give some to this guy at the slide!

We had contemplated getting an "All you can ride" bracelet, but opted for the tickets instead since there wasn't a whole lot Hayden could ride, and I'm so glad we took that route. We had just enough tickets, and Hayden was able to see what it was like to hand over his tickets for a fun ride down the slide!:) Definitely worth it!!!

Our very first ride... The Bear Attack!

I think I started hearing "All Through" before the ride began and by the time the 5 minute ride(I'm trying not to exaggerate here... it lasted forever!) was over and sweat was pouring down my face all I could hear was "HOT, HOT!" The bear definitely attacked us! The nice ride attendant failed to mention to my 9 month pregnant self or toddler that the temperature inside this ride was 110 degrees earlier in the day. "Ooops" is what he said when I asked him why he didn't mention that to me until the ride was over. I am pretty sure it was still in the 90's and both Hayden and I were dying. Oh, and to add to it, we were spinning the entire time! I don't think I would go as far as to say we had fun on that ride, but it was an experience none the less!

Next, Hayden got to watch his friend Peyton ride these crazy bugs.
Isn't he so cute waving to him?!?

This was actually supposed to be the second thing Hayden rode, but adults weren't allowed and he wanted no part of riding on it without one of us. Not even with Peyton. We actually sat him on the ride right next to Peyton before it began to see if he would ride, but he just wasn't ready for that step. I was secretly happy because I like that he likes one of us to ride with him! Maybe in October at the big fair he'll be ready to venture onto one himself... we'll see!

Our next stop... and always one of my favorites!

I have always been a big fan of Ferris Wheels. I just enjoy the pace and love the view from the top. Actually, Matt and I both really enjoy this ride. Probably because your feet get more than a 30 second break! Hayden seemed to have a pretty good time too. It was actually the only thing we were all three able to ride together, so that made it extra fun! This one was pretty small, so it seemed like we were stopping a lot, but it was nice getting up high and getting somewhat of a breeze!

Our view from the top...

Hayden enjoyed checking everything out just like his Momma and Daddy!

Our sweet friend Heather even got a picture of us!:)

This was one of the things we saw from the top, and it was our next stop!

Daddy had such a great time getting to take Hayden down the slide time after time. It was one of those rides that was in mine and Sawyer's best interest NOT to ride, so we stuck to picture taking! Funny enough, I think Daddy enjoyed it more than Hayden. Matt said Hayden kept saying "gen, gen" after each time they made it to the bottom, so I guess Hayden really did love it, but you could never tell by his face in the pics! I kept asking him when he got to the bottom where I was waiting on him if he liked it, and I never got a response. I guess he was just speechless! They did get to ride it quite a few times, and he never cried or anything, so I guess he did have a great time on it!:) After all, he had fun last year at the Cumming Fair when he got to ride one of these slides for the very first time, so I'm sure he loved it even more this time!

Not only was the ride not a great idea for me, these wobbly
stairs to the top would not have been smart either!:)

Getting set...

All aboard the fastest potato sack Daddy could find!:)

Holding on for dear life!!!

See, you can tell Daddy loved it, but not so sure about Hayden!

Time to race down with friends!!

So, all the Dads and Ellie look like
they are having the time of their life,
but Hayden and Peyton look petrified....

At least they all made it down safe!:)

Although Daddy could vouch for the fact that Hayden had a great time on the slide, this little dragon ride was definitely his favorite! He loved every little thing about it. I am pretty sure it was supposed to go up and down off the ground(like Dumbo at Disney World), but that feature wasn't working. I think Hayden probably had more fun with it in the "down" position anyways, so no loss here!! He loved pretending to operate the dragon and had a great time being crazy with Daddy!

Figuring out how everything worked...

Having so much fun!

I'm not sure what kind of game Daddy was making out of this ride,
but whatever it was Hayden LOVED it! Oh, and how hilarious
does Matt look stuffed into this dragon?!? So funny!

The dragon was the last ride we rode, but Hayden also had fun watching his friends on the carousel and admiring all the prizes hanging down from the game stations! We didn't save quite enough tickets to take him for a ride on the carousel(too many trips down that slide!!!), but he didn't seem to mind! We promised him we would do it next time!:) After all, we had to save our money for the good stuff... cotton candy!!!

See the turtle Momma?!?

Watching the horses go round and round!

A fair just wouldn't be the same without one of these stands!

And I never seem to be able to
leave without getting some of this!:)

We have been eating on it the last couple of days and it is still just as good as night one! Oh, and the guy selling it told Matt he could freeze it if he didn't eat it all and it would keep it fresh. Well, of course we never have a problem eating it all, so there is never the need to save it, but just to see if the guy was telling the truth I have got to try it. I really hate thinking I might be ruining good cotton candy, but it just seems so bizarre I have got to see if it works. I will let you know what happens! Not to worry though, it is only going to be the smallest portion ever I try it on, just in case it doesn't work! Now, for the cutest ride pictures ever...

Ready...

UP,

UP,

And AWAY!!!!

Who knew we had the best ride of all right here at home! Yes, most normal people would have just come straight home to bath and bed, but not crazy us! We just had to get in one more ride!!! Oh, and Hayden had to ride this ride a good 10 times before bath was even mentioned!:) I hope you're ready for us Cumming Fair!!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

It was SO much fun!!! We were glad we were able to go!

Tiz said...

Those facial expressions you captured of Hayden are priceless!