Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkins Galore!

How sweet is this?!?

We made our annual trip to Burt's a few weeks ago, and we had such a great time! I think it is so much fun to go to such a huge pumpkin patch and sort through all the pumpkins for your "perfect" one, and I think my boys think it is just as much fun as I do! I am pretty sure this is the biggest pumpkin patch ever, so there are always plenty to choose from! Oh, and all at great prices I must add! It is a bit of a drive to get up to Dawsonville, but it is oh so worth it! I kind of thought Hayden would be a little more into picking out his pumpkin this year than he was, but what do I know?!? He was much more into the hayride, running around the patch, and throwing rocks into the creek than picking out a pumpkin. It was probably a good thing, because I didn't have to worry about him picking up and smashing any pumpkins, AND I got to get him the pumpkin I wanted him to have!!!:) We'll leave the pumpkin smashing for next year! Of course, this was Sawyer's first trip to Burt's, and I was a little nervous because of him being so little and the place being so crowded, but it turned out great. He was such a good boy and there weren't too many crazy people trying to breathe all over him! He loves being outside, and this was no exception. He obviously didn't "pick" his own pumpkin, but we did get him the cutest little baby pumpkin ever!:) We even took him on the hayride with us which proved to be a good idea. He slept through the entire ride! He thought it was as relaxing as we did... he just got to act on his feelings and sleep!!! If only babies knew just how good they had it! Oh, and Sydney wasn't with us because you can't take dogs, but we got her a cute little white pumpkin so she didn't feel left out!

Hayden wasn't so much into the picture taking this day,
so this was the best pumpkin pic I could get...

I did however catch this "wow" face on camera when he saw a few
of the pumpkins fall over after he ran into them!!!

Neither of our attempts at a family picture exactly worked out... I told
you Hayden didn't want to take pictures this day! And he
especially wasn't going to cooperate with a stranger
trying to take our pic!:) Oh well, I'm sure we'll
look back and get a good laugh
out of it next year!

I mean, we can't really blame him... he did not have
pictures on his mind, he had the hayride on his
mind. He knew the hayride was coming up
next and he couldn't wait to ride it! He
literally ran up the ramp to give
the nice man his ticket!

And he enjoyed every single second of it... especially
when he got to peak his head over the edge!!!

It was Sawyer's very first hayride as well as his favorite part of the day!

Hayden even smiled for me after the ride!

And I caught a cute father/son moment...

Daddy got this one of Hayden trying to help me get Sawyer ready for his picture!

Me and one of my sweet boys...

and the other sweet boy!

I think he was a little overwhelmed with how
many pumpkins there were at first...

But it didn't take long for him to figure out how to
run through them and have a little fun!

They came in all different shapes, sizes and colors!

They even grew some bigger than Sawyer!:)

And these were the ones we came home with!

While I was feeding Sawyer at Burt's, Daddy and Hayden had fun
playing in this little creek. I think they probably threw over
100 rocks into the water... boys will be boys I guess!!!
Daddy definitely had as much fun as Hayden, and
you can tell by this picture just how much
fun that was!:)

We took a little walk through the bridge after feeding
time, and this was us looking at the creek Hayden
and Daddy had been throwing rocks into!

Looking at the camera for Daddy!

Cheeeeeeeesssssssssssseeeeeeee!

I just had to end the post with a pumpkin picture...
I love Sawyer's lips in this one!

Happy pumpkin pickin' everyone! We'll see you next year Burt's...

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I guess going to Burt's during the week is a MUCH better idea. We could hardly get pics because of all the people. You got some great ones! I LOVE the one of Hayden's "wow" face. Too cute!

Tiz said...

OMG! I still can't get over how humongous the pumpkins are. :-) I love all of Hayden's facial expressions and Sawyer's precious lips...you do a great job of capturing those moments.