Sunday, October 10, 2010

Picture Perfect!

So sweet!

Oh how I love me some newborn photos! I just never in a million years knew exactly what all it took to get those photos! Especially to get those photos "picture perfect!" Well.... now I do. And, it is a LOT! Somehow I never got professional photos done of Hayden, but with Sawyer I knew it was something I wanted to make sure and get done. Our good friend Kahlia, with JK Mitchell Photography, was the girl for the job! You can see much more of her work here. I had no idea you could get a baby into all these different positions, and no matter how many times Kahlia told me Sawyer would cooperate, for some reason I just didn't believe her. It wasn't until I actually saw the photo shoot with my own eyes that I realized she was telling the truth! By the looks of the pictures you would think Sawyer just slept away as we changed up backgrounds and put him in the positions we wanted and snapped away right?!? Well, not exactly! It was quite a production... complete with a portable heater, sound machine and all! Yes, you read that right. Along with all the props, blankets, backgrounds, lighting, and camera the newborn shoot also required a sound machine and a portable heater. Oh, and don't let me forget the paci, towels for cleaning up accidents, extra diapers, gauze and vaseline for circumcision care, burp cloths and other feeding essentials, and outfit changes. We even broke out the hairdryer at one point! I told you, it was quite a production! Sawyer was so great during the shoot. He slept just like Kahlia said he would. He even broke out a smile for us... such a sweet boy! Kahlia is so great with the camera and even better with the kiddos. I say kiddos because not only was she great with Sawyer, she is always great with Hayden as well. He loves her! All in all, the newborn shoot proved to be a fun day and we got some great pictures! Sawyer slept and slept and slept, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to knock us over the head for messing with him during his sleep, so I didn't mess with him one little bit the next day!:) I know I should have posted these weeks ago when they were taken, and truthfully I have tried... I have just had 1 million and 1 interruptions(imagine that!!!) and it just hasn't happened. So, without further delay here they are...

This one is for you Uncle Troy! Go Jackets!!!

Look at those cute little rolls!

We even made it outside for this shot...

And had Daddy participate for this one!

We attempted a family shot, but Hayden didn't really want to participate.
This was still when Hayden was in his "Sawyer doesn't exist" stage!

He did a little better here, but of course sneaky little
Sydney just had to disappear on us. Figures!

I had to include this one because it makes me laugh every.single.time I see it.
This hat was obviously too heavy for his little head to hold up!

I love pictures like this that show just how small he is.
Do you think his feet will ever get as big as Da
ddy's?!?

You know me and collages... I've gotta have one!:)

Our little teddy bear!

We did see this sad little face a couple of times...

But, for the most part, he was as happy and peaceful as could be!

Awwwwwww....

Here's that sweet smile he gave us!

Those were just a few of the great pictures Kahlia captured for us. I told you she was great! Thank you, thank you, thank you Kahlia. I couldn't ask for more! Below is a little slide show I made using of most of the pictures. Enjoy!



We can't wait to watch you grow little man! We love you!!

3 comments:

Tiz said...

I have been dying to see these!!! I do hope you have a collage for me when I see you this weekend! ;-)
He is precious.

Katie Reeder said...

I'm in love! Awesome pictures!!

Anonymous said...

These are AMAZING!!! I will have to get some newborn pictures of my next child! I love, love, love all the pictures you post. :)