Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy 1/2 Birthday Sawyer!

The definition of "Happy"!

Who can actually believe Sawyer celebrated his 1/2 birthday on Monday? Definitely not me! I remember thinking time was flying when Hayden was this age, but I don't remember it being nearly this fast. Every day is something new, and he is getting so big, SOOOO fast. He is such a big boy now, and I so want him to be a little baby! At his 6 month check up today he was 15 pounds and 8 and 1/2 ounces(25th percentile) and was 26 and 1/2 inches long(50-75the percentile). Growing, growing, growing! Although the 6 month mark is hard for me to believe, it really started to sink in this week when we gave him his first "baby" meal! Huge deal in this household! Sawyer graduated from JUST breastmilk to breastmilk and one "baby" food meal a day. The way he has been eying our food lately, I knew he was going to love it when it was his turn to get something other than milk. I'm pretty sure he had been dreaming of this day for quite some time now. He was so pumped when he realized he was getting a bite from the spoon!:) And my suspicions were right... he loved it. He only made one "yuck" face, then he was all smiles and loving it! He is also very close to sitting up on his own all the time. I told you he's a big boy! And now for his most recent likes and dislikes...

What Sawyer Likes:
- His Brother - I know you are probably thinking I am putting this because I want it to be true, but I promise that is not the case. Well... I do want it to be true, but that is not why I listed it here. He truly does LOVE him. They are just getting to the point where they can play a little bit together and they have so much fun. They laugh and laugh and laugh some more. I do have to be a little cautious though, because one of their favorite games is when Hayden covers Sawyer up with a pillow and then removes it. When I hear the hysterical laughing I know I have to be worried! Let's just say I don't let them play together alone!

Having fun in the piano entertainer!

Let me note here that Hayden has just as much fun as Sawyer! Hopefully it will stay this way!
- Sydney - OK, so now it really looks fishy... his top two are his siblings?!? Fishy or not... it is true. They really are his favorites right now. He especially loves when Sydney licks him right in the mouth! And by right in the mouth, I actually mean IN the mouth. I also have to watch the two of them very closely!:)
- His Thumb - Yep, he is still loving his thumb. He will take a pacifier during the day if I give it to him instead of his thumb, but when I'm not looking he always reverts back! It is really cute, but I know it is probably going to be hard to break when that time comes. I guess his big toe tastes a lot like his thumb because I have even found that making it's way to his mouth every now and then!!!

Crazy right?!?

- Bath time - Especially splashing! You get just as wet as he does during his bath, and he loves every minute of it. Definitely one of his favorite things to do!
- Bedtime stories - Man he loves a good bedtime story. He especially loves turning the pages... and trying to eat them! It has been a little tricky teaching the boys they have to take turns turning the pages, but other than that our bedtime story is always a huge highlight of Sawyer's day!
- Sophie the giraffe - And any other teething toy as a matter of fact. He loves just about anything he can get into his mouth. Sophie is just special because her entire leg can fit in his mouth. It must feel really cool! He still loves his pacifiers that are attached to stuffed animals too, but Sophie is slowly becoming his favorite. The child has to have something in his mouth!
- Mealtime - I know I told you earlier he loved his baby food, but I had to list it under his likes too because it most certainly belongs there. I now breastfeed him three times a day(I think he takes about 10 ounces each time based on how much he drinks when I pump!) and he gets the baby food once a day. He loves to eat. He has always loved his milk, and now he loves his baby food also! We let Hayden be the first one to give him a bite of his bananas and rice cereal...

Ready for his first "baby" meal!

His very first bite...

The one "yuck" face I was telling you about! Check out how tightly
he was holding onto the highchair. I think he was a little
unsure about what was about to happen!

Hayden showed him it was OK to eat...

And after that he LOVED it!

And Hayden had SO much fun feeding him! So glad we
decided to let him do it!:)

Thank you for my yummy meal...

I LOVED it!

- TV - I hate to even list this when he is only 6 months old, but truth be told he likes it! I don't even think Hayden knew what a TV was at 6 months old, but it certainly gets Sawyer's attention. We haven't actually put on a Baby Einstein DVD or anything, but when Hayden is watching one of his shows Sawyer will do whatever it takes to get his head facing the TV so he can see too!!! I guess we will have to pop in one of his DVD's here shortly!
- Exercise toys - LOVES both his jumper and the exercise piano. They really keep him entertained, and Hayden loves playing on them with him!
- His feet - That's right, he is totally fascinated by his feet right now. He will grab them and play with them as if they are one of his toys. Super cute... I just have to keep them out of his mouth!!!

Don't you just love those chunky thighs?!?

- Bedtime - Still a huge like for Sawyer. He sleeps like a champ and most mornings when I go in to wake him he is as happy as ever. He literally wakes up with a smile on his face. So cute! Hopefully he'll always be a good sleeper!

What Sawyer Dislikes:
- I really don't think there is anything he truly dislikes. He will tolerate pretty much anything. Crazy, I know. He's just really laid back. He is much better in the stopped car now, and although I don't think he is crazy about loud noises he doesn't seem as bothered by that now either. And, I truly can't think of anything new to add to his list. I mean he doesn't like the normal things like being hungry, but nothing major. I'm sure more will come, but for now he is just one happy little boy!

What Sawyer is not sure of:
- Tummy time - He's still not a huge fan of tummy time for the most part, but he is coming around. At least the fussing/crying doesn't start immediately anymore! He actually seems to like it for the first few minutes, but it doesn't take long before he is so over it! I'm guessing he'll be a late crawler just like Hayden!

He was loving it this day!

- Nap time - Yep! Loves bedtime, but not too sure about those naps. There are days where he just lays down for his naps no problem, but other days he fights it like you wouldn't believe. Maybe because he sleeps so long at night there are just days he doesn't want a nap. Seeing as he always does okay at bedtime, I guess he doesn't always need his naps, but his Momma sure needs him to have them!:)
- Sitting up - Still hasn't mastered this skill totally on his own, but he sure is getting close. He will sit by himself for a little bit, but it doesn't take long before he ends up falling over. There are days he tries really hard at it and sits for a long time alone, but then there are other days where he wants absolutely nothing to do with it. Go figure!

That's all I've got for this time... I know you are tired of reading! We took Sawyer to the INK museum in Gainesville for his 1/2 birthday celebration so you'll have to check back later in the week for some pictures from that(I think this post has more than enough!)! We all had a great time helping him celebrate... super fun place! For now, I'll leave you with a few more pictures...

I know this is a lot like the very first picture, but I just couldn't decide
which one I liked better, so I had to put them both on here!!!

Love this profile pic!

And this close-up!

Loving life!

Happy 1/2 Birthday Sawyer! You have been such a blessing and are an absolute joy. We all love you very much!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Sawyer! You are just too adorable!!!

Tiz said...

You are precious, Sawyer! Love you!!