Tuesday, February 3, 2009

9 Weeks and Counting

Hayden turned 9 weeks yesterday, and today was his two month check-up at the pediatricians office. Everything was great... he even got his first set of shots! He weighed in at a whopping 12 pounds, 13 and 1/2 ounces and measured 24 inches. He is still our BIG boy! According to the doctor he is right on track, so we are very proud of his progress! We took a few pictures at the office so you can see how drastically things changed for Hayden from the beginning of the office visit to the end. He was just as happy as could be until he realized he was in a strange place with strange people trying to stick him! It was sad seeing his little face when he had to get his shots... it almost made you want to cry with him. The good thing is we all made it through it!

Waiting on Dr. Papciak...


I hate shots!


My war wounds!

Just a few other tidbits and I'll wrap this up. Hayden has started "talking" to us quite a bit now. It is so much fun when he "talks", we just don't have a clue what he is saying! It is fun to guess what he is trying to say and talk back to him. I like to call them our baby conversations! He is also smiling and laughing all the time which I can't get enough of. He seems to be a morning person just like his Momma! When he gets up in the morning he is literally the "happiest baby on the block!" He smiles and laughs more right after waking up than any other time of the day. I absolutely love it. He is also really into blowing bubbles which is both cute and messy. Two things I always have nearby in the house right now are the burp cloth and the camera!

Napping and blowing bubbles!

6 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh Mercy....how precious! Loving the bubbles - hating the shots! Don't you think he looks a little like Al Roker in the last pic? That precious double chin is something he and GiGi have in common!

Michele said...

I love that you captured the moments at the doctors office!! That was such a good idea! He is so cute! And he has rolls just like Bryson did!! I LOVE IT!!

Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness, he is so adorable! We do to the Dr. tomorrow for our 2 months. Not looking forward to the shots.

Mindy said...

Hey Girl!! I'm so glad you started a blog. I haven't got to catch up with you in so long! So glad to see everything is going well. Can't wait to meet him! (Hopefully soon...) Love you guys!

Cookie said...

He is so cute!!! I could just eat him up! It almost makes me want another! Let's please get together soon...I want to get my hands on him!

Tiz said...

Ohhh....I wish I could hear him cooing and babbling. I bet it is the cutest thing. I am going to have to get Skype so I can see him live!