Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oh, the 4th...

TIRED me out! Well, we couldn't really do a whole lot because Matt had to work, but it still managed to leave me extremely exhausted. By the end of the night I was so tired I didn't even manage to get in the bath to wash the bug spray off me(that is a big deal for me!). Hayden and I did some shopping(where I managed to get him a 4th of July flag I might add!), cleaning, picture taking, LOTS of playing and even managed to get a few things together for our cookout. Gigi and Grandaddy/Pawpaw came up to celebrate/eat(what we do best!!) with us after Matt got off work. We had yummy hot dogs and hamburgers and oh so good chocolate chip cookies!!! Some of our neighbors bought a ton of fireworks and we were lucky enough to be able to see them right from our backyard. It was like we had a first row seat to the show... and they were very good I might add! I thought Hayden would make it for the fireworks, but no such luck there. He was in bed before they even started. I really thought he would like them if he could have stayed up, because of the bright lights and all, but obviously his dreams are much more important! I really thought the loud noise would wake him up, but he slept right through all of it. We had the monitor outside just in case, but he never even made a peep! I guess it is a good thing we didn't go to a venue other than our house, because we would have had a very unhappy little boy!! Sydney did get to watch the fireworks with us, but she HATED them. She got scared of the loud noise and we had to hold her the whole time. She was able to socialize with everyone after they were over, so that part was fun for her. We visited with neighbors after the fireworks were over, and everyone had a really good time. Although the fireworks were great, the most memorable part of the 4th was the fact that is was the day separation anxiety began for Hayden. It both began and was in full force all in one day! You know it is bad when Grandaddy/Pawpaw can't even hold him without him crying. The only way to get him to quit crying was for Matt or I to hold him. Needless to say, that is part of the reason the day tired me out so much! Hopefully it is a phase he is going through... and a short one!! Through it all, we were still able to have a great 4th and got some really cute pics!

I think this was my favorite... it has it all. The red, white,
and blue I made us wear, the
flag I REALLY wanted
Matt to hold in our "family" 4th picture, smiles,
and to top it all off, Hayde
n pulling my hair!!
What more could
I ask for?!?

I tried really hard to get Sydney to look!

Playtime!

The let me see your teeth smile!

This is what I mean by separation anxiety!!

Cutie pie

Happy 4th of July!

Mommy's little firecracker!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your 4th pics. The flag is a great prop!

Your 4th sounds a lot like ours. Wanted our baby to see the fireworks--baby fell asleep---thought baby would wake up with the noise---baby slept---monitor in hand!!! :) Love it!!!

Gigi said...

Wasn't this the perfect 4th? We thoroughly enjoyed the cookout...yum! I couldn't believe the fireworks we saw right from your back yard. BUT.....Hayden still stole the show even with his tiny, little bit of separation anxiety. The picture with granddaddy/pawpaw is priceless!