Thursday, November 5, 2009

Costumes Everywhere!

The Penguins of Madagascar or The March of the Penguins?!?

Halloween was so much fun this year. I always love Halloween, but this year it was extra special because it was Hayden's first Halloween. He was the cutest penguin EVER... I promise!:) We did all kinds of fun things to celebrate Halloween. This past week at Gymboree the kids dressed up in their costumes for class and that was an absolute blast. All the little kiddos in costume were precious. They couldn't exactly get around and play as much as they usually get to during class, but they sure did have a good time staring at each other and pulling on each others costumes! We also took Sydney to Howl-O-Ween at Petsmart. This was her 5th year in a row going to her costume party and it is always a highlight of her year. This year she wasn't quite as "talkative" with the other dogs at the party, but she still had a good time. I guess she just wasn't interested in sniffing around this year... I'm not ready to say she's an old lady yet! She was a penguin too! Another thing we always do is decorate the house. Well, we includes my Mom, my sister Meghan, Matt and I... yes it takes all of us. One day I'll be good enough to do it myself!:) And, one day I'll carve my own pumpkin. For now, I'll let the boys do that part. They are so good at it! They always turn out sooooo cute, and I am able to make the yummy pumpkin seeds while the carving is going on!:) One of our favorite parts of Halloween is our costume party. It was such a blast this year. We made all kinds of Halloween themed food and even had a witches brew. It was a lot of fun. Next year I'm just going to try to make a few more of the food items before the day of the party. Everyone please remind me that one day is NOT enough time to make all that food! The costumes everyone wore were great. Mrs. Piggy and Kermit(my Mom and Dad) won the costume contest... so cute! Finally, trick-or-treating. Phew. I thought I'd never get to that part of Halloween! Hayden's first year going door to door went great. We carried him up to the doors and he seemed to enjoy it. WE enjoyed the candy!! I took plenty of pictures of everything as you can imagine! Enjoy!

Having fun flapping his wings at Gymboree!!

Such cute costumes!

Having fun in the tunnel...

I stole a second from him for a pic!

A few of his activities for the day... he climbed a foam mountain,
scooted/pulled up a "rock" wall, slid down a curved slide,
sang some songs and even had bubble time!

Look at me! Look at me!

Rocking in the boat with his friend Amalia... he was
having fun until he fell IN the boat!!! OOPS!

I love this picture of Hayden and Graham. They have so
much fun together during class. I'd love to know what
they were thinking/talking about here. So serious!

Howl-O-Ween 2009: Penguin!

Sydney's friends at Howl-O-Ween!

I guess she did a little more "talking" than I thought!

Pumpkin carving...

He was really into it!

The results...

I like to call these pictures "Fun with the Publix Shopping Bag!"

Get Your Costume On 2009!

Even the dogs were in costume!

Family pic

Mommy and Baby Penguin!

We got a group shot of almost everyone... cute costumes huh?!?

Hayden and Peyton enjoying the toys!

I had to get a shot with the Whoopie Cushion!

All dressed up!

Daddy and Baby Penguin!

Ready to trick-or-treat...

He really lives the life... being carried around
to get candy!!! If only he could eat it!

It was really cold and drizzling outside.
We had to stay close to keep warm!

Fun times!

Digging out his "treats"!

Look what I got Momma!

Candy!!!

Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

Katie Reeder said...

Ya'll kill me--soooo cute and sooo sad I missed the party!! Love the pictures. I expect to see them in your frames next year:)!

Kimberly said...

Love it! We had so much fun at the party! I can't wait until next year---I'm already thinking of costume idea for the family!

Tiz said...

Great costumes!! You sure know how to throw a party. :-)

dee said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Meghan said...

Sooo cute!! I love the penguins!!

Gigi said...

Penguin attire was a great choice for the Ronn family....so cute and fun!! Mercy....dad and I had the best time at the party! I've never felt more close to dad than when he was my Kermie! Can't wait 'til next year.

Gigi said...

Forgot the mention I had so much fun at Gymboree seeing all the babies decked out in their halloween outfits.....none cuter than baby penguin though! Favorite pictures are Hayden and Graham looking at each other and you, Hayden, Syd, and huge stroller. Cracks me up every time I look at it! I'm so glad he enjoyed his First Halloween!

Gigi said...

Whoops again....two more fav pics....CHUBBS and the vomiting pumpkin.....lord have mercy the things Troy thinks up! Hayden's lucky to have such a unique uncle!!