Monday, January 25, 2010

SNOW Mountain!!!


All bundled up and ready for a good time!

That's right... Stone Mountain turns into SNOW Mountain during the winter! No laser show, just snow! This past weekend we took Hayden for his very first trip to Snow Mountain, and it was oh so fun! Matt and I went last year without him, so it was exciting to get to take him along with us this year. A few of our neighbors even made the trip with us! Oh, and what a difference a year makes at Snow Mountain. Upgrades, upgrades! Matt and I had fun last year and all we did was tube. Much more fun with a little one! It was a blast getting to watch Hayden ride down the little "kiddie" hill in a sled. I think it was probably even more fun for the adults that got to watch Matt and I take turns cramming ourselves into the kid-size sled with him to try to help make his experience a fun one! We didn't exactly fit in the sled(nor were we supposed to try... oops!), but we sure had fun! Hayden wasn't crazy about it the first time down, but after a couple of times he seemed to enjoy it. One thing he really didn't like was walking in the snow. He didn't even like us to be holding him and walk through the snow. We think it was because it was so unsteady. He just didn't want to fall, and didn't want us to fall while carrying him!! It wasn't until we were leaving that he actually wanted to get down and walk, and that was after we had left the area that actually had the snow! Hopefully next year he has an easier time with the walking part!:) I didn't even actually take a turn down the big hill, but Matt did and he had a great time! I'll have to make the time to fit it in next year! We tried "playing" in the snow, but weren't too successful with that. Definitely building a snowman next time! I did manage to get some cute pics... Hayden looks hilarious all bundled up!


Snow Mountain 2009...


Snow Mountain 2010!!!


This was a pic of Matt and I getting ready to tube down the hill last year!



And here we are in 2010!!! Funny how things change in a year huh?!?
Please note Hayden's face in each of these pictures...I'm thinking
these were taken before he warmed up to the idea of sledding!!:)


We thought it would be a good idea to let him try it by himself...


But I'm not too sure we were right about that idea!!!
I promise I'm not telling a story when I say he did
enjoy it at one point during the day!:)


The whole gang... FUN!


I think this picture is so funny... the kids were so bundled up
I don't even think they could smile, much less move!!!


The BIG kids going tubing!!!


The girls...



I had to include these pictures because this is what Hayden's hair
looked like after we finally took his hat off in the car!
Notice the indention on his forehead...
think the hat was a little tight?!?


I told you he walked around... just not until we were
leaving and there was no snow in sight!


I'm pretty sure he stayed warm... well except for his hands.
I'm not kidding when I tell you they were freezing.
I guess we'll have to get better gloves for next time!



Thank you Stone Mountain for turning into Snow Mountain for the winter.
We can't wait to come back and visit next year!

2 comments:

Katie Reeder said...

So cute! Dan and I need a kid so we can go:)!

Gigi said...

Looks like so much fun! You just wait...Hayden will be begging to go before you know it. Loving his hair in the hat-off pics!