Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm Walkin'...

He walks, he walks!!!:) And he is SOOOO proud of himself! So proud he even let me get a video of it! It's like he wants the whole world to know... "I'm walkin' people!" It is so cute to watch, especially because he talks the entire walk. I'm telling you, he's shouting "I'm walkin', I'm walkin'!" Oh, and seeing him walk from behind is even cuter. Remember the very first video I have of him walking?!? Just in case you forgot, you can see it again here... Hayden's "first" steps! So cute!! Only about one year later and we have his actual first steps! He still uses crawling(I'll add here that we did finally graduate from the army crawl a few months back, I just never got around to uploading the video... Sorry!) or cruising as his main source of mobility, but he is starting to let go and actually walk more and more now. Cutest thing I have ever seen. There is just something about when they take those first steps how cute it looks. The mix of uncertainty and fascination on his face all at the same time is just priceless. You would think I had him dressed in a snow suit the way he walks so stiff!! I also want to note here that Dr. Papciak, Hayden's pediatrician, has some sort of super human power. Quite a while back at Hayden's 6 month check-up, we were talking about mobility(crawling, scooting, cruising, walking, etc.) and Dr. Papciak just nonchalantly mentioned to us that Hayden would not walk or take those first steps until between 13 and 14 months. Well, at the time we didn't think much of it... we just kind of shook our heads and said okay. BUT, now that he took his first steps and he is right in between 13 and 14 months I am in awe. How did he know that such a long time ago?!? Crazy, right? I mean he has seen a few hundred thousand patients I am sure, but still... I can't believe it. I have always trusted what he has said to be true and valued his opinion on parenting, but this just takes it to a whole new level. He wasn't close... he was EXACTLY right!:) Maybe it's like my Dad says... he just made a lucky guess! All I know is I am going to start looking for that child leash Dr. Papciak told us we would need(back at his 12 week check-up I might add!) for the first time we decide to take Hayden to Disney, just in case it wasn't the luck! Anyways, back to the cutest walker you ever did see. I got a video of him walking earlier today and it is so cute. Don't worry, I was able to get some of the falling moments as well!!!:) So funny! Most of the time he crawls back to his starting position just to do the walking all over again, but I failed to capture this on video... I guess he didn't want to do it for the camera. At least he didn't mind walking for it! He just loves that HE can do it. And, it is all by himself!!!! Yeah, Hayden!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOO Hayden!!!!!! We are SO proud of you! You look SO CUTE!!!!!! :)

Love,

Kimmie and Ellie

Tiz said...

That was the CUTEST thing I have ever seen!!! How exciting...I can't wait to walk around Disney with him. :-)

Gigi said...

Love your determination, Hayden! Granddaddy and I are very proud of you!

Michele said...

SOOO cute!! He was concentrating so hard. I love it!!