Friday, January 29, 2010

Snip, snip, snip!

Playing at the wooden train table... PRE-Haircut!

We finally did it... we got Hayden's hair cut! It only took us a little over 13 months, it was January 22, 2010 to be exact! And, I must add, it is the cutest little haircut ever! We have been wanting to get it cut a little over a month now, but we are just now getting around to it. Actually, we went about a month ago and once we got to the salon I(I should say "we" because Matt didn't want to go through with it either!) chickened out. I swear the lady wouldn't have done a good job and we wanted it to be a good first experience for Hayden. So glad we waited by the way. New place... much better stylists(because you know that really mattered for a first haircut), better chairs for the little man, and even a fun play area! Ms. Andrea at Pigtails and Crewcuts down in Buckhead did a great job. We were very pleased. And yes, you read that right, we went all the way to Buckhead to get his hair cut. Pathetic, I know... but I just had to make sure it was a good place. We had heard the Pigtails and Crewcuts near us didn't do the greatest job, so we just hightailed it downtown! Maybe next time we'll give this Cumming location a try!:) At least the drive paid off, Hayden seemed to like his first experience... he never even shed a tear. He got to sit in the cutest little airplane and watch The Incredibles during his cut and that seemed to keep his attention. I mean, the whole entire cut was less than 10 minutes... a simple snip, snip, snip, but I'm sure that could have seemed like an eternity to him. I was so surprised he was so good, but I think he was ready to get that hair out of his face just as much as we were!!!:) Of course I took pictures, but they even took a picture for us too which was sweet. They put it in the cutest little folder with a lock of his hair and a "first haircut" certificate! So cute! Now we have the lock of hair safely in its "first haircut" container. I'm sure Hayden will be dying to see it one day!!!:)

Doesn't this make it look like one of those old-timey barber shop photos?
This was the very first picture I took and I think it is so cute.
He was really checking out Ms. Andrea and making
sure she was going to do a good job!:)

Look how long that hair was!!! Oh, and please take a good look
at his very first(but not last I am sure!) busted lip.
He fell and busted it on the coffee table.
Aaoowwwww weeeee!:(

Good thing they had on The Incredibles!:)

His certificate of bravery! And yes, he did smile and
clap for Ms. Andrea, but no such luck for Momm
y!

Safe and sound! The inside actually says "The First Haircut of The Prince"
but I just couldn't manage to get it all in the picture!

Our little man with his new do! Well, the same do, but shorter!:)
How funny is this face he is making?!?

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

How adorable! I just can't bring myself to do it yet! Maybe one day! :)

Tiz said...

He is such a sweet boy...he did well at his first haircut! It looks fantastic. :-)

The Very Rev. Denise Ronn, Ph.D. said...

Hayden is so cute! His first haircut and the first time we see that he is truly all boy (his hurt lip). Get use to it because his dad had a number of bumps and bruises. =)

Gigi said...

Awww....a little man now! There is something about that first haircut that makes them change from a baby right before your eyes. I think that is why it's so hard to do the first time. What am I saying...I know that is why; I not only have locks of hair, I have complete ponytails!!!!

Gigi said...

The busted lip....priceless. Precious, mischievous boys!