Monday, January 26, 2009

Bath Time

One of my favorite times of the day is bath time. Hayden gets so relaxed and seems to really enjoy it... well that is now he does. When we first brought him home from the hospital he was scared and got really cold, but now we have learned some tricks(it's the frog Mom!) and he seems to love it.


Hayden's very first bath


Hayden's first bath at home


Hayden in the big boy bathtub


As you can see things have really changed!! We spend about 15 minutes in the bathtub each night(unless we are in a hurry!) and do everything from washing to singing... and lots of playing! When we first brought Hayden home from the hospital he was crying when we were giving him a bath(and it was only a sponge bath 2-3 times a week then!) and I think it was mainly because he was so cold. We were giving him his bath in his tub, but bringing it downstairs to the kitchen which is cooler than his bathroom, where he gets baths now. Also, my Mom and I found this frog towel called bath luve' that Matt and I use to cover his body when we are washing his hair, etc. He absolutely loves it! It keeps him warm and he can hold on to it which I think he likes.


Hayden and his Frog!

I couldn't write a blog about bath time without including Sydney, but I must note that she HATES taking a bath! Completely opposite from Hayden, she gets tense and extremely crazy when she enters the bathtub. When giving Syd a bath you are basically playing "catch" for 20 minutes trying to get her clean. I used to get in the bathtub with her because it was just so much easier than chasing her around the tub, but now Matt or I use the same little knee pad as we do for Hayden and just try to get it done quickly!


Sydney getting shampooed!

One thing they both seem to have in common is the ability to completely drench the person giving the bath! Everyone needs a towel when it is over, but for the most part we have all had fun and gotten clean at the same time!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Poor little Sydney! She looks just like Lu Lu when we give her a bath. Bath time is so much fun (AND it tires them out). I used to give a Ty a bath every night. Poor Mary Lauren is lucky if she gets 3 a week! Life with two kids is CRAZY!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer! You are a MOMMY!!! I saw your mom at church on Sunday and she gave me the blog address. I became a mommy in April. I love every second of it. Hayden sure is a handsome little man! What a wonderful mommy he has. :)