Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A December to Remember

I know we are in January now, but I figured I would play a little catch up and get everyone up to speed on what happened in December! After Hayden was born things around here were so crazy. I had no idea just how much time and energy it would take to have a newborn. My old life was out the window and my new life had begun. Now don't get me wrong I love my new life, but boy is it different from my old one. For those of you who know me well, you know what a busy body I am. I could get 100 things done in just one day. Those days are OVER! When we first brought Hayden home from the hospital all I could get done in a day was feed the baby, change the baby, help the baby sleep, feed the baby, change the baby... you get the drift. It consumed every minute of every day and I was a little overwhelmed. I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for Matt. He basically had the whole month of December off from work and was the biggest help in the world. He changed almost all of the dirty diapers as well as helped keep me sane! We loved having little Hayden in our life but it felt like we didn't get to have a single minute to ourselves or with each other until... my sweet sister Elizabeth came to babysit for us one day. It wasn't just an hour that she let us get away, it was an entire day and we really needed it. Hayden and Auntie Tiz had so much fun together and it was such and blessing for Matt and I.

Hayden and Auntie Tiz

Everyday with Hayden I love him more and more and it gets much easier... it was just a little crazy at first! Christmas came and went so fast and was so much fun. Hayden and Sydney even got to see Santa! We loved getting to spend time with our family and Hayden really loved all the attention.



Since Christmas things around here have slowed down a bit, and we have been able to get a little more back to normal. Matt went back to work at the end of December, and hopefully I will start back part time shortly. Now that I am home more(from work that is), I get to see what Sydney did all day when Matt and I were gone. She sleeps ALL the time. I kid you not, if you don't hear or see her for a minute you can bet that she is either asleep on the couch, in her bed or under our bed... but no matter where she is, she is definitely sleeping! Hayden is pretty much on a predictable schedule now which is nice. Sometimes he gets a little off, but for the most part I know what is going to happen and when! It is much nicer this way because I can actually get some things done when he is napping. He is 7 weeks old now(time is flying) and is growing so fast. We don't have another doctors appointment for a couple of weeks, but I will let you know his new weight/length then. He has been holding his head up and loving to look at lights since the day he was born, but he is getting so much better at it now. He is starting to smile a lot more and has even laughed out loud quite a few times! Oh, and he can also do jumping jacks and do the twist and shout(these are milestones you may not have known about)!! Many of you probably don't think these things are a big deal, but when you are a parent every smile and laugh just light you up! I would be writing forever and it would get boring for you to read if I posted the entire month and all his progress, but I thought this would at least help catch you up a little and give you some fun pictures to see! We have the best family and friends and are excited to share our adventures with you all.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

I do believe you are getting the hang of blogging! Like I would know... It took two days for me to learn how to leave a comment! Hayden, you are going to love having all these memories documented one day. It will always remind you of how many people have and will always love you. You just remember GiGi loves you the most!!

Jennifer said...

Jennifer,
I know that the first few days of parenthood are sooooo overwhelming. I promise that it only gets easier and so much fun! Hayden is adorable and it looks like he has great parents and a very cute big sister. You're doing good at blogging. I love blogging. I have been doing it since Ty was 5 months old and sometimes I can spend hours just looking back over the last 2 years. Its great!

tori said...

hey jennifer,
i'm so happy for you! congratulations on the new additon to the family, he is so cute!!! i'm sure that you are a great mom!tell everyone in your family i said hello.
tori